Friday 6 July 2012

Scrambled Masala Egg Paratha Recipe

How about preparing a quick and yummy Scrambled Egg Paratha recipe when you're in hurry or actually HUNGRY? Yes! we don't have time (patience) when we are hungry and we would be urged to quickly prepare something and eat. This Scrambled Egg Paratha recipe is utter simple, quick to make and of course a mouth watering treat for everyone from kids to elders. I tried making this when I was badly hungry in an evening. I usually SHOUT at my mom whenever I feel hungry :P and that is how I learned to cook this recipe. My mom taught me to do this and it came out really well in my first try itself. This Scrambled Egg Masala Recipe is not tricky or tough to make, all you need are some simple ingredients from your kitchen. Let us move on to the recipe now! Have a yummy read and include this to your list of one of the yummiest egg breakfast recipes.
 

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time taken : 30 minutes
Serving(s): 1



Scrambled Masala Egg Recipe





Things you will need:

For Paratha: (2 Parathas)
Buy readymade parathas at departmental stores or use the already made parathas at home for this recipe. I had nothing to eat at home except the 'previous day made' parathas in refrigerator and hence I used those for this recipe. However you can store extra parathas in fridge while making them and use them for your next day quick breakfast or evening snack by preparing this. Especially kids will love this quick recipe!

Other Ingredients: (Masala & etc)

  • A big onion
  • A big tomato
  • 1 green chilly, slitted
  • A teaspoon of ginger & garlic, pasted or mashed
  • One or two eggs (Optional, veggies can avoid eggs)
  • 1/2 spoon, chilly powder
  • A pinch of garam masala
  • Required salt
  • Required oil


Preparation:

Step 1:

Heat the pan and add 2 teaspoons of oil to it. Fry the parathas in low flame one by one until they turn moderately crisp and swtich off the stove. Frying the parathas help the scrambling easy and makes them softer inside, crispy outside and completely delicious to have!






Step 2:

Collect the parathas in a clean plate. Allow the parathas to cool down till they turn to hand bearable heat and SCRAMBLE them with clean hands as shown in the picture below.



Step 3:

Once you are done with the paratha scrambling, keep the scrambled parathas aside and start preparing the masala items. I really had no time to WAIT as I was badly hungry and hence I didn't chop the ingredients well. I followed the 'cut and mash' method :P. I made big slices of onion and tomatoes and mashed them keeping inside a clean plastic cover. I did the same with peeled ginger and garlic. However you can chop them finely if you wish.
      Wait! Don't forget to break the eggs and collect them in a small bowl if you are adding them to your recipe because sometimes it feels frustrated when you break a rotten egg to the masala. Yikes! This happens to me at times and I shout like a mad.



Step 4:

Come let us start making the recipe now. In a pan (I used the same pan in which I fried the parathas) pour required oil and allow it to heat for a minute. Add the slitted chilly, mashed ginger and garlic, onion and saute well in low flame.



Step: 5

Once the onions turn light golden brown it colour, welcome the sliced tomato pieces. Put it in and saute everything well until the raw smell disappears.



Step 6:

Add the egg(s) to the masala now. Looks yummy for me :D Isn't it? If you are a veggie, you can avoid eggs and continue further with the recipe.



Step 7:

Now scramble the eggs, mix everything well and saute for a minute or two. Add the chilly powder, garam masala and required salt now. Saute everything well once again! Here you are ready with the egg masala and I guess you would have guessed the next step by now.




Step 8:

Add the scrambled, fried parathas to the egg masala and fry everything in low flame for 2 minutes.




Step 9:

Yummy time!!! Your delicious Scrambled Masala Egg Paratha Recipe is ready to go inside your tummy now! Put this recipe in a bowl, garnish with coriander or grated onion, take a spoon in your hand and finish it! I swear, this recipe will be extremely delicious, I want you to try this at least once. I am sure you will stick to this recipe. There's nothing extra you need to pair it up with this recipe, just eat it in plain.



P.S: This makes one of the best Egg breakfast recipes. Kids, elders and everyone your family is going to love this Scrambled Egg Paratha Recipe for sure! If you're a working mommy and have no much time to prepare breakfast for everyone, try this recipe and it will help you start your day with a delicious breakfast. This will also do good as a evening snack. Have guests visited your home unexpectedly? Leave your worries and quickly prepare this quick egg recipe like a super woman. Even men who are staying in hostels and outside home can make this recipe without much strain.

     Make sure to eat this recipe as soon as possible after preparation because HOT  & steaming recipe always fine when it comes to paratha. My mom said paratha will be only soft until it is hot, later it turn like rubber :P So ready to prepare now? Rush to your kitchen, make, eat and come back again here to share your experience with me.

Waiting to hear the comments and feedback from you!

4 comments:

  1. looks yummy dear!! sure going to try it tomoro :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waitinggg :D :D I am sure you will love its crunchy spicy taste taps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i make this all the time... instead of paratha u can use chappati or bread even..variations are adding soysauce, tomatosauce, chicken masala, maggi chicken cubes etc. You can even add oregano (save those from pizza meals). I love the way you wrote.. we all shout like hell when we get hungry at home.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems like a great idea :)Thank you.. I am going to try this with fried bread pieces next time. and Yeah! hunger makes us to shout :D

      Delete